Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Beginning

Hello to everyone! My name is Lia Schmittel and I am your 2011-2012 State Vice President of Events. I am just over myself in excitement about this coming year.

I am seventeen and now a senior at Lower Dauphin High School. This year as part of my school day I am interning at the Dauphin County Penn State Cooperative Extension Office. I am very proud to call myself a Dauphin County 4-H'er. This year my projects include: dairy beef, breeding and market sheep, rabbits, chickens, pigeons, goats, swine, sewing, kitting, and baking. I am a member of seven different clubs in my county and also a club in Lebanon County. I joined 4-H six years ago after getting my first pair of rabbits. When not doing 4-H actives (which isn't very often) I can be found water skiing or at the local community theatre.

July was the beginning of it all. We had our applications in and were exchanging emails about the upcoming State Achievement Days. The nerves were building as the days drew closer. Opening ceremonies was our time to introduce ourselves to the rest of the delegates at State Days, man there were a lot of delegates there. The next day was our interviews, it was nerve racking but in the end wasn't that bad. Later that day we were brought together to meet the rest of the team and to get our offices. We were all in shock at that point, thinking what have I done and being totally excited at the same time. Closing ceremonies was our big night, induction. Standing out there in front of the all the delegates, knowing that you get to represent them for the next year was one of the greatest feelings.

After getting home from State Days we all had some time to let it all sink in and to enjoy a few weeks of summer. Ag Progress Days was here before we knew it. That was a great three days, talking with people and also getting to know each other. Our next stepping stone was our Training weekend. That was an intense three days, full of very knowledgeable speakers and fun team bonding. We learned a lot about each other and ourselves, and about how to become a team.

Come and join us at the Tailgate next month September 24th from 9a.m. till 12p.m. at the Ag arena!!
The year is full of endless possibilities and I am so very excited to see what it holds next.

Lia Schmittel
State Vice President of Events

No comments:

Post a Comment