Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Hi my name is Garrett Richardson. I am the Sentinel for the 2011-2012 PA state 4H council. i am 16 years old and I have been in 4H for 7 years. My 4H projects consist of pig, dairy, rocketry, forestry, wildlife, and cooking. My most recent adventure has been joining state council.

At the beginning of the year my county extension agent came to me and asked if I would be interested in joiing state council. Being the curious soul that I am, I asked her more about it. She then proceeded me to tell me about it. At first I was sold on the idea ,but then I found out that one of my older 4H members had been on state council. Her name was Laura Pifer. The more she talked about council the more I became interested. Then August came around and i found myself applying for council. The first major speech I had to write was to be given to all of the 650 State day participants. To be honest I was more than nervous I was petrified. I got up on stage did my speech and waited for my interveiw. The interveiw went fairly well. That night is when I would find out whether I made the cut or not. I DID!!!! That was the exciting most petrifying news in my life. Then I met the team. So far we have gotten along. We (the council) finished State Days. The next big event together Training Weekend. That weekend was the most challenging yet fun weekend in my life so far. No major problems have encountered the council yet.

Some upcoming events for the state council are:


Penn State Tailgate on September 24 from 9 am 'til 12 pm at the AG Arena
Feel free to come join us.

P.S. State Leadership Conference is coming up fast don't forget to register you wont want to miss it:)!!








No comments:

Post a Comment