Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Starting a New Year

Hi everyone, my name is Sarah Bassett. I am soo excited to be serving as your 2011-2012 State 4-H Council President. First I would like to say some random facts about myself so you can get to know me. I have been in 4-H for 9 years (since I was 7), some of my projects include Horse, Air Rifle, and Teen Leadership. I have participated in many other projects, but these are the ones I enjoy the most. I participate in band, cross country, and track & field as extra-curricular activities. I enjoy reading and going on trail rides with my friends.
Last month at State Achievement Days 8 4-H members enthusiastically joined the council. We are all very excited about having the opportunity to represent the 4-H program across the state. After State Days we had a couple of weeks to do research on the 4-H program and prepare for Training and Orientation Weekend. Unfortunately by the time we got to the weekend we lost a member. However, while at the training the rest of us were able to start bonding. We have a long way to go in becoming a tight team, but I have faith that we will be come close shortly. I am excited about the themes we have chosen for the State Leadership Conference and State Achievement Days. I am also looking forward to conducting sessions on Parliamentary Procedure, as the council has decided to do this year. Once again, I am thrilled to have this chance to work with everyone this year.
Untile next time,
Sarah Bassett
Pennsylvania 4-H State Council President.

No comments:

Post a Comment