Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Looking into the Ocean

“Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” The quote I just stated is a quote that I feel explains the experiences I will have as a Pennsylvania State Council member. Taking the first stroke into the water for applying to have a spot on council was nerve-racking, I wanted more than anything to represent the 4-Hers across the state, but having that weight on my shoulders for a whole year, seemed unbearable. Once I was told that I was chosen as a member during State Achievement Days and realizing that I was not alone, I had a team of other 4-H, made that weight just a lighter. As the 2011-2012 State 4-H officers gathered for our training weekend, it became evident how much of a team we are and how much of a team will become. We can’t see it now, but by the end of the year we will have a team of 6 sisters and 1 brother. In the short 12 months that we will be working as a team we will become more of a family.

I am currently a 17 year old senior at Conrad Weiser High School in Berks County. I have been a member of Western Berks 4-H Dairy Club for 9 years. This year I own 10 Red and White Holsteins as my 4-H projects. I am a member of my counties 4-H Development Board as a teen member. I hold the office of Vice-President in my local club. As a member of Pennsylvania State Council, I hold the office of Secretary. Becoming a member of State Council, I look forward to share my passion for the 4-H program to 4-Hers throughout the State. I am always willing to share my experiences that I had in the 4-H program with any 4-H member, leader, or supporter. I look forward to representing 4-H members and the 4-H program with the rest of my team at state and local events.

Now here is thought to ponder: “Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” ~Howard Thurman

PA 4-H State Council Secretary,
Ashley Mohn

No comments:

Post a Comment