Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Hello everyone! I'm Bridget McConn and I'm the Pennsylvania 4-H State Council Historian for the 2011-2012 year! I'm 16, a junior at McGuffey High School and a member of this wonderful organization for 9 years. In those years I have carried numerous projects ranging from sheep, both breeding and market, hogs, breeding and market, market goats, sewing, babysitting and I'm sure theres a lot more to add to this list. I've attended day camps, SLC, Capital Days and many more 4-H events but this year will be the most exciting one, it'll be like no other year that I have had in 4-H!

This year started out the same way that everyone has. It was nothing special until I talked to my county extension agent. While we were talking I told her how much I had enjoyed attending all the State Events that she has allowed me to go to, I even mentioned how cool the blazers were that the council got to wear. After that she looked at me and told me I could wear one, now when she told me that i wasn't sure whether or not I really wanted to do it. I went ahead and talked to my aunts, one who has been a chaperone at all the events i go to, and the other is the FFA advisor at a neighboring school. I told both of them about State Council and they both said it would be something to try. So I got the application from Pam, filled it out and sent it in. I attended State Days where i had my interview and found out that I made council. However it never sunk in that i made it onto council until I stepped onto the stage with the rest of the new team. This team has already survived a weekend together, and that is the first of many more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment