Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A new beginning..

Hey everyone! I am Danielle Knapp and I am your State Council Reporter.
So here we go! It’s the start of a new adventure for the team of 2011-2012 State 4-H Council. We have gotten past standing in front of everyone on stage during induction in July, and we just got finished with Officer Training this past weekend. The team is still getting to know each other, but we did have some bonding time during training. I am excited to represent all of Pennsylvania 4-H for the next year. I can honestly say that when I first came into 4-H I wouldn’t have ever imagined that I(me! Who was a completely introverted kid, that never spoke at all) would be stepping into such a position.

I am looking forward to this upcoming year. All of us at State Achievement Days were unsure about what we were getting ourselves into, and are still unsure about it at times. I hope that we all stick through it as a team, and grow into a great one that will create memorable times. This is going to be a chance of a lifetime. So we are going to make the best out of it. We are going to gain so much from this experience.
We are already off to a good start. During Officer Training we set our goals and picked out the upcoming event themes. We also got the chance to meet and hear from a lot of good presenters and took in so much information in such a small weekend. We learned a lot about each other and how to become a good team during this training, but we still have more to learn. By the end of this term, we are going to be a great team and wish that we could do it longer together.

This next year will be my very last as a 4-H member. It’s going to be filled with State Council duties, and I am sure I am going to be running around like crazy, but I know that if I need any help that I can ask many people, whether it be my family, my advisors, my fellow council teammates, or alumni council members. This is going to be something I will remember for the rest of my life, and I am glad that I took on this challenge before it was too late. I don‘t want to have any regrets as a member of 4-H, and this role will help me achieve that. I am looking forward to meeting everyone in 2011/2012 through being in this position of 4-H.



I hope to see a lot of you at the upcoming events!

Danielle Knapp
Your 2011/2012 State Council Reporter

No comments:

Post a Comment