Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Monday, March 31, 2014

Capital Days: A huge Success!

Hello 4-Her's!

I am pleased  to announce that Capital days was amazing! There were double the number of 4-H members in attendance this year, compared to last. The bill went so well, and everyone was participating.

I wish I could still be a delegate and experience Capital Days, SLC, and State Days from a front row view, but being a State Council member and being able to be behind the scenes is so great. I can't wait for the rest of the year as a member, but my term is coming to a close too soon. I love my council family, and all the delegates that attend our events and make them as amazing as possible.

Capital Days was definitely added to my list of memories on council. I talked to several legislators about my 4-H story and how my life has been influenced by all the friends, memories, and projects. I heard other 4-H members stories and was greatly motivated by their life journey that they credit to 4-H. It is amazing that 4-H covers such a broad range of topics including civics.

4-H has changed me and so many others. I loved hearing all the stories at Capital Days from members and their story. Without 4-H opportunities, my life and the lives of many others would be entirely different, so don't over look what you have in the 4-H program.

Signing off,
Kaitlin Rogers
Vice President of Events

No comments:

Post a Comment