Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Monday, March 31, 2014

March Recap

The calendar claims it is spring, as March comes to an end.  But winter weather is still lingering on.  Even the majority of our  goats that we expected to deliver in March have held out for April.
March started with Winter Academy at Dublin Gap.  I was a counselor again this year. It was a fun experience.  It would have been nice to see more 4-Hers there, but the turnout from Perry County was up this year.
In Perry County, March is the month from breakout meetings for the Livestock Club.  This year I went to Swine, Sheep and Market Goat breakout meetings.  So far my barn is starting to fill up with project animals now.  The steer has been here since October, now pigs and market goats have made their entrance.  Just one more species to go.
Newport School District held their Winter Sports Reception to recognize students and coaches.  I earned my Wrestling  pin for on my varsity letter. I've decided to add off-season wrestling to my schedule of things to do.
4-H Kick-Off was held this month too.  Our turn out was down this year, but we also held Kick-Off at a new location.  Hopefully next year will be better!
Perry County Officer Training was a fun way to teach the roles of the club offices to the members. Each club sent members to join the fun and learn about the role, and duties of club officers.
2014 Capitol Days was amazing!  The turnout was even better this year than last.  It is wonderful to see so many 4-H youth  participate in leadership activities. Parli Pro (parliamentary procedure),  how to read a bill and visits with state officials were the educational parts of our weekend.  But dances, a capitol tour and a museum visit added fun and time to visit with friends both new and old.
Plus I managed to fit in regular club meetings, school, work, and time with family and friends this month.  But as I watch each month zip by with everything I'm doing, I'm starting to wish it would slow down.  My time as a 4-H State Council Representative is on it's last half now.  It seems to be flying by too fast.

Until next month,
H.Wyett Johnson


No comments:

Post a Comment