Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Friday, May 2, 2014

Endings and Beginnings

Hey Everybody!
So graduation is almost upon us, for those of us that are graduating this year. And that means that it is time for not only endings but also new beginnings. I just had my first taste of that today.
Today, was my final FFA Banquet (sorry, I know it's FFA). It was a very bitter sweet moment. Not only was it the beginning of the end of my agriculture education, but it also reminded me that my time in 4-H is almost over. But, I still have a little bit of time for that. Anyway, back to my banquet. I spoke about how much FFA has taught me. I was reminded of how much I love agriculture by seeing all those excited members. It reminded me of how much I love seeing fellow 4-H members talk about their 4-H experience. And it caused me to think of all the things that 4-H has done for me; so here is my list:
1. Leadership skills (obviously :) )
2. Public speaking
3. It has given me friendships that will last a  lifetime (love you council fam!)
4. Self-confidence
5. Networking skills
These are just some of the many skills that 4-H has given me over the past 10 years. And I am sure in my last two years, I will gain even more skills.

Signing off,
Lydia Lion
Secretary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment