Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Swimming Districts, Here I Come!!

Hello all!!

I'm very excited to say that as a senior, I have the chance to attend my first district swimming meet. I am very excited to be going with a team of seven girls. It is one of the greatest feelings in my life to know I will be seeded second in my Medley relay. I am not the greatest high school swimmer, but putting in the long hours since October has paid off.

On Friday, I will step up to the block as the anchor for my swim team's first relay. I will start off of my best friend, who has pushed me so hard since I was a freshman. I really hope I have the chance to go to states with the rest of the senior girls on my team. To many, this experience may not seem exciting, but to me it is the chance of a life time.

I am sure so many of us can relate to my feelings. When you are given the chance of a life time, but you feel like there are so many people counting on you. I have been given so many amazing chances in the past year. This will definitely be a memory that I will never forget, just like my experience on State Council. It is hard to persevere through the challenges, but hopefully the result is extremely worth it.

I can't describe how grateful I am to everyone that helped me get to where I am today. I hope I can succeed in Districts and help take my team to states. I know I have a strong group of supporters! I'll update everyone on the results!

Kaitlin Rogers
2013-2014 State Council Vice President of Events

No comments:

Post a Comment