Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Friday, January 31, 2014

January time for meeting new people


The month of January has been an action packed month starting out with Farm show. I had a blast like I normally do at farm show but this year was different. This year I had more fun than ever. I got to meet multiple people during the week, I had such a great time. The memories will last a life time. I had the opportunity to show at farm show again this year with my breeding rabbits I took best and best opposite of breed with my Silver Martens. While at the PA preferred banquet I met a lot of new people and some familiar faces. At the banquet I introduced some members of council to my fair board president and to Rhonda Carl the 2013 PA Fair Queen. When I first met Rhonda it was at the 2012 Schuylkill county fair where she was the fair queen. She was the first from our county to be awarded the PA title from our county and I am also the first State Council member from our county as well and it is very cool that two teens from Schuylkill County were both selected to serve at a state position and at the same time….which is kind of ironic. It was a pleasure to have met her and to have gotten to know her. It is an honor to represent our county. I also had a lot of encounters with Barron “Boots” Hetherington. Mr Hetherington has been a longtime family friend. It was great to see him at the farm show and enjoying agriculture at its finest. His love of agriculture is contagious and his support of youth is very much appreciated. 

 After Farm Show, it was off to the State Leadership Conference. This year’s SLC has been said to be one of the best with the theme “Leadership Your Super Hero. At SLC it was a blast to meet 4-Hers from all across the state.  I had seen many of my old friends and made how many new ones. Sadly this is my last year in 4-H so this was my last Leadership conference that I could attend as a youth delegate. This year’s leadership conference set record numbers with 425 in attendance. I had a blast there in the workshops with Brad Kunsman and Kelly Wiesner of Northampton and Lehigh counties. It was a pleasure to have them come to our conference and teach about leadership/team building and camp. Now I am gearing up for the second largest rabbit show in the nation, the PASRBA convention, where I’ll be showing my Silver Martens and Havana rabbits. I usually have a ball showing there. This has been one of the most exciting and action packed months since October!

I had a wonderful opportunity to meet with two outstanding and successful individuals that are very proud supporters within our county 4-H program this past week. They were Dave and Eric Peiffer . Through the kind love of their mother and her legacy, their support will help benefit programs through our local schools and raise awareness of everything 4-H has to offer. I am very proud to be a part of our county 4-H under the direction of Briana Luckenbill.

Your Batman superhero,
 Brendin Freeman

No comments:

Post a Comment