Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Leaping into Farm Show

Happy New Year Pennsylvania 4-H! I hope you all had wonderful holidays, a splendid break, and started off your new year in a great way! Personally, I'm starting mine off with the Pennsylvania State Farm Show!
The first thing that the Council attended was the PA Preferred Reception. It was definitely a very pleasant experience in which I was able to meet people from all over our state, that are involved with the Farm Show and our number one industry in Pennsylvania, which is agriculture. Not only that, but I met people who were from out of state and were still involved with our farm show.
Today, there were the opening ceremonies of the farm show and I was the flag bearer for our 4-H flag! Our council president (Nate) was the acting voice of God (announcer) and spoke of the wonderful events to come later at Farm Show. Then, at the end of the ceremonies, the rest of our council came out into the arena as a united front!
The last thing that I did today was that I prepped my goat and then showed him! His name is Spice. FIrst I gave him a bath (he didn't really like that) and then my dad and I tag teamed the fine clipping since I already clipped most of his hair off yesterday. Then finally got to show him! He placed sixth in his class. Unfortunately, he had to place fifth in his class though to make the sale. Although I'll miss him, it was fun while it lasted!

Wyett and Meghan showed their goats too!

Until next month then! Have a good one!

Jesse Isenberg
2013/2014 Pennsylvania State 4-H Council
Vice President of Operations

No comments:

Post a Comment