Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Friday, January 31, 2014

Where did January Go??

Hey PA 4-H!
January has be an amazing month to be a 4-Her in the Keystone State!!!  I haven't been home a single weekend this month!  I'm so grateful for my family for taking care of the livestock to make this possible.

After a quick New Years Eve celebration with the family.  It was time to prep and head to PA Farm Show. This year my week was split between being a Council member and an exhibitor.  It was long, busy, tiring and so FUN!  It was an amazing week, my market goat made weight this year and I won Youth Grand Champion Alpine Doe and Youth Junior Champion Alpine Doe with my home bred Alpine does.
Showing RaccoonEyes at Farm Show 2014

2014 Youth Alpine Grand Champion Doe
and  Youth Best of Breed Alpine

2014 Youth Alpine Junior Champion

The dust had hardly settled from Farm Show, when it was time for SLC (State Leadership Conference).  It was an AWESOME time - I highly recommend that EVERY 4-Her should attend at least once!  
The Council at the Neon Dance

Being a Wrestler isn't just about the practices, matches and the wins. But it's about the friends you make along the way.  I've made some great friends and had some great times wrestling for Newport High School. 
The Crew at Bedford

Now as January comes to a close it's time for camp counselor training for Winter Academy and Teen Retreat.  As I look back on this month, I'm thinking WOW!  I did all that and still passed the semester for school!





No comments:

Post a Comment