Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

HELP WANTED


“4-H is about more than the ribbions and awards… It’s about the people, the experiences, the life-long skills, the memories, the county fair. It’s about being a role model, giving back, and MAKING THE BEST BETTER”


Hello. My name is Nate Repetz, and I want YOU to run for State Council!
It is with a heavy heart that I write this. As you know, we have three month left to serve on the Pennsylvania 4-H State Council. I know I speak for all of us when I say this has been the experience of a life time, and none of us want it to end. With that being said, I know that one of our most important duties as a member of the State Council is to prepare and assist those who come after us. I want to take this chance to encourage you to run for State Council and share some of what State Council means to me.
We are a classy bunch
                I remember being hesitant about running for Council. Two years ago, I thought there was no way I could ever be on state council. It wasn’t until Capital Days the year before my term began that I got to know the members of the council, and I felt called to be on council. The skills I learned in 4-H have molded me into the person I am today, and I realized that those skills would be put to great use as a State Council member. I decided to run, and I was fortunate enough to make the cut and be selected to serve as president.
                I wanted to be on State Council because I wanted to give back to the organization that made me who I am today. I grew up a country kid living in a “city kid” life. It was 4-H that first got me to break out of my shell. In 4-H, I felt like I belonged and everyone liked me for who I truly was. It is where my true personality always showed through. Being called on stage after being named President was one of the best moments of my life because I felt like I was loved and recognized for being myself.
                State Council is not easy. There are times where you are kicking and screaming, saying you can’t take it anymore and wondering why you ever applied. But I will tell you that for every one of those moments, there are two, three, four, or five moments where you feel like you are on top of the world and you wouldn’t want to be anywhere else but on Council. That is why I call my fellow Council members and the Council alumni my “Council Family”. We have been through the highest highs and lowest lows together and have come out of it with an unbreakable bond of friendship and sense of family. Now, WE INVITE YOU TO BE A MEMBER OF OUR FAMILY.
My State Council Family
                If you feel called to serve on State Council just as I did, I strongly encourage you to apply! How do I do that, you may ask? Talk to your county educator or go to this link: http://extension.psu.edu/4-h/state-council/application for the application and detailed info on the application process. (Hurry, applications are due June 1st!)
                My last point, which I can’t stress enough, is that if you have ANY questions or concerns, do not hesitate to ask. I myself am open to a call, text, email, facebook message, carrier pigeon note, or smoke signal at any time. Also, any other Council member or alumni are more than willing to help as well. I’m giving back to 4-H by serving on State Council, and now I want to give back to State Council by helping the future members.
 
Good luck to everyone finishing up school. Have a great month!
Nate Repetz
2013/2014 PA 4-H State Council
President


No comments:

Post a Comment