Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Let in Rain, Let in Pour!

April is such a pretty month. The grass is starting to turn shades of green again, flowers are trying to peak through the ground, and of course it's getting warmer.  Then BANG, it rains.  It just doesn't rain for an hour, or maybe a few hours, no it rains for days.  When the rain comes it always seem to come at the most inconvenient time and place. It has been raining for a good solid two days.  There is mud everywhere, everyday is a bad hair day, and I haven't needed my sunglasses.  The good thing is though I don't need to wash my car. A few puddles later it's perfectly clean.

Puddles are also serving has a new event for track and field.  Instead of me being a hurdler, I'm now a puddle jumper.  Just kidding there, I don't like my feet wet.  Hurdling has been going very well lately.  Just recently I placed 6th in the 100 hurdles at both of the last two invitationals we attended.  I was very pleased with my times too considering both invites were held in the pouring rain.


Before I became a puddle jumper
Warming up for 100 hurdles
Going back to the glorious days of sunshine before these last few rainy days hit there was this little thing called FBLA states. States was a blast and a lot of work but very rewarding.  Thanks to states my school's FBLA chapter now has this joke about the number four.  You see the top 3 in each competitive event advance to nationals.  As a result of this, if you were a Chestnut Ridge FBLA member during the awards ceremony you ended up fourth, including me. There is one good thing about fourth place. It gets the most cheering because every other school realizes their members have made it to nationals.  

The fourth placers 

The best part of April has been the fact that my barn is full again with livestock.  Not just any type of livestock, show animals that is.  After attending many sales and talking to breeders I may have found the perfect set for this summer's show season.  I'm sure I'm the only kid that enjoys getting up really early every morning to do barn work.  There is nothing more that shows warmer weather is around the corner than new livestock in the barn.

Until next time, I have one piece of advice double check your work.  I had to learn this the hard way this month. 

Happy Spring,

Megan Anderson 

No comments:

Post a Comment