Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Eventful November to Remember

What an eventful November it has been!  This month I've filled my calendar with family, friends, school, sports and 4-H.  At moments I wasn't sure which way was up, but I got it done with the help of my family and some great friends!
Perry Co 4-H conducted it's Farm City program this month.  I presented for 1st and 3rd grades at Blain Elementary School.  Also November means time for Livestock Quality Assurance training.  November was also the official kick-off of my first 4-H Market Steer project with tag day.  275 days and counting until Perry County Fair!
State Council participated in the PA Farm Bureau Young Farmer Committee meeting and toured the PA Department of Agriculture office in Harrisburg. It was neat to finally find out just what they do in that building.
School is nearing the end of the first semester.  Time to really crack the books!  My school field trip this month was to a Gettysburg Ghost Tour.  I didn't see any ghosts, but it was cool to see history. Besides Wrestling season is starting - which equals aches and pains.  Go Newport BUFFS!
Farm life has it's moments of excitement too!  I went to pick up a load of hay for the goats and steer from Tyler Shaw.  No problems until the truck decided not to start when it was time to go.  Unfortunately, my dad is a little stubborn and tinkered around for three hours before calling in a tow truck.  But on the upside it gave me more time to visit with he Shaw family!
Farming also includes helping others.  This month I've put my free time to use helping a friend clean out her barn and helping another move. 

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Wyett

No comments:

Post a Comment