Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Saturday, November 30, 2013

The Simpler Things in Life

Hello Everyone,

If you drive through rural Pennsylvania during the fall someone somewhere is harvesting corn or getting ready to.  Just recently my family has been in the process of getting all the corn harvested, before deer season of course.  It becomes a family affair, Dad is on the tractor, my brother and pap have the dryer running and were filling the bin.  Then there is me, I either end up keeping my younger cousins out of the way or running errands for the men. Fun Fun!!!

Loading out corn


The council team had the amazing opportunity to meet with Sectary of Agriculture George Greig and tour the Department of Agriculture.  My personal favorite part was seeing the rabies portion of the veterinary lab.  My mom being a vet and all I have seen my fare share of rabies cases in her office. It was really neat for me to be able to see where they end up after she ships them out.

Our cool lab coats!
The holiday season brings out a lot of hustle and bustle.  Everybody says you should stop and smell the  roses along the way.  Well it wasn't actually roses!  Thanksgiving morning the most beautiful sunrise appeared.  The barn has always been a peaceful area for me and that sunrise made it so much better. 


This sunrise made me thankful for so many things, thankful for my family that has supported me through everything, the place I call home, and for getting to live my dream day in and day out.  This picture might not be everyone's paradise but is sure is mine.  

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays maybe because of all the delicious food. I have two thanksgivings every year one with my dad's family and one with mom's.  Anybody could guess that I eat a lot in one day, you can't just turn down tasty food.  I can't forget to mention Black Friday.  For the ones out there that spend hours and hours waiting for great deals and standing in lines and huge crowds, I give you props.  I waited an hour for one tablet smashed up against the people around me and that was enough shopping for me.  

Deer season is around the counter, I'm almost ready to spend Monday morning sitting in a deer stand freezing my butt off.  I hope all the hunters have a safe and successful season.  

The holidays are here so enjoy some time with the ones you love.  

Happy holidays and happy present wrapping,

Megan Anderson 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment