Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Exciting year ahead!

Hey Pennsylvania 4-H! I'm Jesse Isenberg and I'm your new Vice President of Operations (VPO)! I look forward to serving all of you this year! So you're probably wondering who I am. Well, I'm 16 years old, I live in Indiana County (which is in the southwestern region of the state), I've been in 4-H for 8 years, and my projects include livestock (pigs, sheep, and goats), and forestry. In school I run cross country, I play in the band, sing in the chorus, and I'm on our quiz bowl team among other things. In band I play the trombone (which happens to be the best instrument in the band (maybe I'm a little biased). Like Nate Repetz, I too am in my high school's drama program. It's one of my favorite things at school! This year, for our musical, we're doing The Music Man! I'm really looking forward to it. I basically like anything that in any way involves music!

On Council so far, we've had State Achievement Days, Ag Progress Days, and Training and Orientation Weekend. We were selected, given our office, and inaugurated. It certainly was nerve racking! But, it was a great to meet and bond with all the other people who applied to State Council! Then we had Ag Progress Days! We helped to run a place where kids (and even a few adults) could ride pedal cars. Everyone had a blast there! The last thing we've done so far is Training and Orientation weekend. There we learned more about 4-H, learned how give better speeches, had some awesome workshops, and other things too! One of the little known things about my position as VPO is that I get to be the bearer of the gavel when it's not in use!


We had a passing of the gavel ceremony (meaning it was just handed to me) where the former VPO, Dawn Craft, gave the gavel to me. I must say that I felt quite like Thor when I was handed the gavel.
Because, after all, it is THE PENNSYLVANIA STATE 4-H COUNCIL gavel (it says those words on the top).

Well anyway, I think I've talked (or typed) enough. Again I look forward to serving you this year and I can't wait to meet you! Here's to an exciting year ahead!

Cheers,
Jesse Isenberg
2013/2014 Pennsylvania State 4-H Council
Vice President of Operations

No comments:

Post a Comment