Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Fall is in the Air!

Hello Everybody,

It has been a whirl wind of a month for me. Where do I begin? From getting my wisdom teeth out to purchasing new farm show animals I believe I have done just about everything in between these last few weeks.

 September started out a little rough for me. While most students were enjoying their first few weeks of a new school year. I was enjoying laying on the couch with gauze stuck in my mouth.  Laying on the couch was nice except for the fact my jaw hurt since I had my wisdom teeth removed.  Yeah, it was nice having a few days off school and eating ALL the ice cream I wanted but my jaw hurting was not so pleasant.  For anybody that has not had their wisdom teeth out it really was not as awful as my friends made it seem.  I mean I literally heard horror stories of what it was going to be like! Yikes!

One of my favorite things to do is be at a livestock sale. Whether I'm helping with the sale, just going to preview the livestock or actually going to buy, I always have a fantastic time. I can not even begin to describe how excited I was to go purchase farm show pigs.  The sale was a amazing good food, great pigs, awesome people I could not have asked for anything more.  Well I did get a little something more, a monsoon of a pig sale.  Outside under a tent was not the place to be in western Pennsylvania when it started to rain. After about five minutes of raining the sale was moved indoors.  I did leave with a pig I knew I had to have after she walked in the sale ring!  That fancy little blue butt gilt, I now call Pixie, is going to be my 2014 Farm Show market hog. 

Now, I know every high school girl has their mind on homecoming right about now but for me, it is done and over with.  Mine started out pretty crazy.  All my friends where getting their hair done and pictures taken while I was just trying to make it home from the monsoon of a pig sale.  The night was great and I know it will be one I never forget.  

The month of September for me means the start of fall. Pumpkin roll, apple dumplings, and cheesecake all some how relate to fall for my family.  Lets just say that my grandma enjoys cooking a little bit cause I had all of those in one weekend.  Food and football go hand and hand around my house, whether I am cheering on my high school football team or rooting for Penn State I always enjoy a good game. Yes, I will admit I am a Steeler's fan  even though they are not looking so hot right now.  My favorite part of this month is the decorating that happens! I do not want to brag but I think I might have some pretty mean skills when it come to decorating.  What do you think?

I would say it has been a crazy last few weeks but I would not change it for the world. Now I'm off to Farm City Day at KILE and a pig show here in the coming weeks. 

Have fun this fall, go jump in a pile a leaves or carve a pumpkin, there is only one fall like this one.

Sincerely,

Megan Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment