Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Monday, December 30, 2013

2013 Was Kinda Cool I Guess

Merry Christmas 4-H!!

I guess I'll give in to the typical "I can't believe this year is almost over/everything has changed so much in the past year" type of thing that most small talk revolves around at this time of year and say: OH MY GOODNESS 2013 IS ALMOST OVER AND SO MUCH HAS CHANGED. Sort of. 



It's not like everything instantly changed all of a sudden just because we're going to write "2014" at the top of all of our papers, but the end of the year does give a little perspective on what was happening a year ago. 

For instance, I was not planning on going out for a position on the State Council team last December.  Now here I am, writing a post on this blog (that I didn't know existed a year ago) during my first winter break from college (which I hadn't even applied to at this time last year).  And I am very thankful for these changes. I've met some amazing people in both 4-H and college, and gained new great experiences at the same time.  Now that we're gearing up for the Pennsylvania Farm Show and the State Leadership Conference, I am super excited for all of the 4-H events that are to come in 2014.  And I'm not going to lie, I can't wait to get back to school and see all of my friends again.

I'm going to be punching myself in the face for saying that when homework starts piling up again...

Although many things have changed, both big and small, life goes on.  At this time next year, I will be reading some other 4-Her's blog posts about how they are excited for council and how they can't believe that the year has gone by so fast.  Because yes, things do change, but there are some things that will always stay the same.  

And who knows what I will be up to at the end of 2014? Not me, that's for sure.  Heck, I barely know what I'm going to do in 5 minutes.  Probably eat some food. Yeah, I think I'll do that. 

Have a great New Year!!

Sophie Hutchinson

Council Representative

No comments:

Post a Comment