Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Goodbye December

So long 2013! This last month of 2013 has been a blur! 

     For Perry County 4-H December is month of club banquets, Christmas parties, and volunteering at the Christmas Walk at Little Buffalo State Park.  I spent two night making change for visitors who purchased warm drinks and cookies to benefit Perry County 4-H County Council.  The park was decorated in holiday lights and wooden characters around the walking trail loop. 

     Our State Council meeting was cut short due to Snow!  Still I had a great time seeing everyone.  It wasn't just flurries at my house though.  We actually had about six inches on the ground by Monday morning.  Just enough to play in with the truck!

     For me December was about balancing.  Balancing 4-H, livestock, school, hunting, wrestling and my job. I had many days when I worried about getting everything done.  I'm grateful to my sisters for helping out with the livestock.  And the rest of my family for their patience and help. 

     Hunting didn't go as I planned.  I must have had a locator beacon that told the deer just where I was sitting as I didn't even see anything to shot in rifle season. 



The highlight of my month, wasn't Christmas morning.  It came on the 28th at the Newport Holiday Wrestling Tournament!  I placed second for 170 pounds  - earning a silver medal!

    
"Hard work certainly goes a long way. These days a lot of people work hard, so you have to make sure you work even harder and really dedicate yourself to what you are doing and setting out to achieve."
-Lakshmi Mittal

      Wrestling has been a great experience for me.  I've made some great friends in my teammates.  And I learned that hard work on the mat pays off.  I'm looking forward to the rest of this season and my senior season. 

     The new year means it time for PA Farm Show and 4-H State Leadership Conference - I can't wait to get started!


Happy New Year PA 4-H!

H Wyett Johnson

    

No comments:

Post a Comment