Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Monday, June 30, 2014

Summertime is Finally Here!

Well obviously summer is greatly upon us now.  Which I may add is my favorite time of year.  Why wouldn't it be? Summertime for me means early mornings and late nights, campfires, livestock shows, and just being outdoors.

Some might wonder why on earth would a teenage girl be up really early during the summer? Summer is for sleeping in right? Wrong!  Not for me I'm up at the crank of dawn in the morning and ready to tackle whatever barn work needs done.  Show livestock just can't feed themselves. Even though I'm up so early doesn't mean I'm a morning person.  BEWARE: I look like a zombie for a good hour when I first wake up. With all these early morning I have seen some of the most beautiful sunrises ever. What do you think?
You can keep your city lights
My favorite color purple


My one of my favorite parts of summer is sitting around the campfire. Some of the best stories I have heard have been a told sitting around a fire. Our council campfire was a blast. I never knew a s'more with a Reese's Cup would be so good! Campfire food is absolutely the bomb! Perfectly golden mountain pies, chewy s'mores, and roasted corn on the cob are just some of my favorites. Mmmmm good!

Most people that know me know how much I love showing livestock.  The PCLA circuit just wrapped up this past weekend. For me it was a very successful circuit. Some class winners, showmanship titles, and I even did good on the skill-a-thon! It felt like just yesterday I was unpacking from the first jackpot show and now here I am getting ready to pack for fair. Time sure flies!
Rango and I at Spring Fling Jackpot Show


For the record I live surrounded by a rectangle of trees. So to say I have spent many days outside enjoying the fresh air is an understatement! Swimming, going for walks, picking berries, riding four wheelers the list could go on and on. For me if you can do something outside it is automatically better.

Have a fantastic summer and remember the sunscreen and bug spray!

Enjoy the hot weather,

Megan Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment