Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Monday, June 30, 2014

I got that summertime, summertime excitedness!

Hello Pennsylvania 4-H!

So the first thing I did the day after school was out (June 7) was that I had a State Council meeting! We all met in State College and had our meeting. Then several of us stayed the night so that we could get an early start to an amazing trip, our trip to Kentucky! We left EARLY in the morning and had roughly an 8 hour van ride to get there. From the moment I got out of the van in Kentucky and was greeted by the Kentucky State Council Officers I knew that I was going to have a great time in Kentucky!



When we got there, there was much to do to prepare for the 690 Kentucky 4-Hers that would be coming the next day. The PA State Council was also able to sit in on one of the Kentucky meetings. The next day was a blur of the many happy, excited faces of the people that I had to opportunity to meet.





If I had to compare the Kentucky 4-H State Teen Conference to an of our Pennsylvania State Events, I would compare it to State Leadership Conference. Throughout the Conference we had many workshops about anything from cooking to tying a tie to making leather belts! But it was also like State Days in that state awards were presented and the state council officer selections took place. I really liked getting to see how their officer selection and awards program differed from Pennsylvania's. All in all the entire conference was an amazing experience with lots of new faces and experiences that I will truly miss!

The next awesome thing that I did was the Southwest Regional 4-H camp. For those of you who know me, you would know that 4-H camp is one of my favorite 4-H events! Even since I was a camper, I always loved going to all the activities that they have at camp, such as recreation, nature, and crafts. But my favorite part is singing camp songs at the top of my lungs! That was always my favorite part as a camper too because for once, I didn't have to be quiet (not being quiet might or might not have gotten me in trouble a time or two in school)! As a counselor it is a great experience being able to meet and get to know all the campers. Camp as a whole is an amazing 4-H opportunity! So if you're 7-12 you can be a camper and if you're 14-18 you can apply to be a counselor! You have to go at least once, in my opinion.

So from Kentucky to good old 4-H camp in Pennsylvania, 4-H kicked my summer off with a bang! I can't wait to see all of you at the end of July at State Achievement Days!

See you then!

Jesse Isenberg 
2013/2014 Pennsylvania State 4-H CouncilVice President of Operations

No comments:

Post a Comment