Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Fast Forward October

October was another busy month.  When I look back at my calendar, I'm amazed at just how much I did this month.  Some things can't be listed by successes but by the participation and the enjoyment I got from being involved. 

I always wanted to hunt as a kid.  This is my second year as a hunter.  As archery season has come and almost gone again - I still haven't gotten a deer.  Maybe in rifle season I will have better luck, then again I am not so sure. 

Perry County 4-H Livestock Club recognized buyers and members this month at their annual banquet.  I received awards for fundraising and scoring over 100 club participation points.  It's great to recognize not only the kids, but the buyers too for their continued participation in the Livestock Sale.

School has been busy as the first marking period comes to a close shortly.  I attended a school field trip to the PA Renaissance Faire this month.   It's always a great trip!  I'm taking web design this semester - I didn't think I'd like it.  But it's not that bad when things work!

This month with State Council, I participated in a few events.   Farm City at the Farm Show Complex was educational.  I had a great day interacting with the kids and the FFA officers.  Another group event was the Friends in Agriculture Breakfast at the governor's mansion .  I also went to a TAC meeting in Montour county.  I tied for first place with my un-carved pumpkin! (Thank you Linda for brining me a pumpkin!)

Looking at my plans for next month on the calendar, I am wondering how I thought this month was busy!
w

No comments:

Post a Comment