Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Sunday, October 27, 2013

what a month

Hey guys it's Dylan!! I want to tell you about my amazing month of August!! First I had the great opportunity of  running for the 2013/2014 state council team. I arrived in State college and was so nervous to give my speech that very night, which is the first step to running for council. I eventually calmed down and delivered my speech and did well! Next step was the presentation and interview. This step was surprisingly not as nerve wracking as the speech was but it was still challenging. I got through it ok and then anxiously awaited the phone call that told me if I made it I date council or not, an guess what... I MADE IT!!! I can't even begin to explain to you how happy I was. I told so many people the great news that day! As you can imagine council is a lot of work and the new council team was busy right away the very next week at Ag progress days! We were there for 3 days and got to do some pretty cool things like ride pedal tractors, be the 4-H mascot, an help out at the 4-H science stand! Oh an not to mention that the day after Ag progress days was my 18th birthday! So I was very busy. However, it was right back toy council duties with attending training. At training we got to bond as a team and we got so much close and created a strong family like bond! We learned soooo many new things from our great presenters and got a better understanding of our council duties. After that eventful weekend I got to talk about the state events in 4-H at one of my county clubs. The kids there were stunned at all the different opportunities they have. So it was really cool to see them excited about all the things offered to them. So finally I got to the end of the month exhausted but I felt good about all my accomplishments! Being through all the things I've been through in the past month makes me realize that you got to do what makes you happy. Don't just do something to fit in do it to be happy! One last thing that I like to live by that has helped me a lot is a little saying I heard a while ago.... Don't just live a life to be normal, build a life to be happy because at the end of the day it doesn't matter about the money you make or the things you own it matters if you feel like you are living the life that you are happy with!

No comments:

Post a Comment