Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Thursday, October 31, 2013

October is Over? When Did That Happen?

Hello Fellow 4-H'ers!

I'll save you the suspense you typically feel with posts of this nature and let you know right off the bat that this is Amber, State Council Historian, speaking to you not-so-live from Franklin County. Happy Halloween folks! October was a particularly busy and exciting month for me, and I'm especially psyched to tell you guys all about it.

This month began with my school's Homecoming Week, which I had a blast with. Particularly on the 2nd, when I played in my school's annual Powder Puff game. For those of you who have never heard of Powder Puff, it's basically flag football, except the girls are the players and the guys are the cheerleaders. Everyone gets really excited about it, and it's an incredible amount of fun. Seniors beat the Sophomores this year in overtime by one touchdown, and everyone was on the edge of their seats for the entire game. It was definitely one for the books.

On the 5th I was at the Farm Show Complex in Harrisburg with Dylan and Alex and the FFA State Council team. We were all helping with the Keystone BBQ Competition in whatever capacity we could. We registered teams, distributed supplies, fetched a lot of ice, drove a couple of golf carts, made some friends, drove some more golf carts, fetched some more ice, and then finished our day off by helping to actually judge some BBQ. We did the same thing all day on the 6th, with the addition of Megan and Brendin.


October also held our first face-to-face meeting, which was exciting! I was really glad to see everyone's costumes (of course we dressed up, it was only a few days before Halloween!) and excited to get deeper into planning SLC. It's gonna be amazing this year. I can tell.


With much regard,
Amber J Pound
State Council Historian




No comments:

Post a Comment